Populate Digital Design for the missing algorithms for Common part of Standard Imaging
Much info is still TBD/TBC or to-be-added-at-FDR. These need to be categorized.
Step1: resolve missing algorithms (= ~5/17 algorithms=30%). Redo analysis step below using
- IDENTIFIED: dark: High-level Data Reduction Library functionality for dark (HDRL v1.1.0).
- bad pixels: identify in HDRL/CPL
- IDENTIFIED: flat: HDRL/CPL
- IDENTIFIED: illumination: choose from McFarland et al., 2013, Experimental Astronomy, 35, 45 and VIKING/HAWK-I
- detrend: HDRL/CPL
- IDENTIFIED: photom calib: check ftp://ftp.eso.org/pub/dfs/pipelines/hawki/hawki-pipeline-manual-2.4.3.pdf
- IDENTIFIED: astrom calib: choose from SCAMP, HAWK-I and VIKING
- geom distortion cold: ??
- includes ADC calibration: ??
- geom distortion cold+warm: same as geom distortion cold
- geom distortion dewar windown: same as geom distortion cold
- rectify (i.e., apply astrom solution to pixels): ??
High Contrast Imaging:
- detrend-hci: HDRL/CPL
- star position determination: ??
- coronagraphic photometry: ??
- secondary guiding for standard and astrom imaging: ??
- secondary guiding for high contrast imaging: QACITS (Huby et al. 2015, 2017).
- RD at CM16: "secondary guiding HCI can just be copied from ERIS"
E.g. verification, and which hdrl routines to use
Perhaps first do #23, investigate HDRL and then see what is left.
Next step: fill in missing TBD/Cs in Digital Design